Information Technology Steering Committee (JPICT)
UMP’s (formerly known as KUKTEM) ICT Council was established in 2002 to develop ICT as a whole.
In 2010, UMP’s ICT Council has made a few revisions where some of the council’s main functions have been improved, in line with the improvements on ICT management made by MAMPU in 2009 with the establishment of a steering committee known as the ICT Steering Committee and the ICT Technology Committee.
In 2015, the rebranding of the ICT Council to JPICT is an effort to strengthen the committee’s governance in determining the university’s ICT policies as well as to monitor, coordinate and assess ICT projects.
Apart from that, JPICT is also responsible in setting and formulating ICT security including endorsing policies, rules, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance to circulars as well as government directives.
STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS OF JPICT
JPICT is a committee formed to strengthen the operation and implementation of ICT in UMP in terms of coordinating applications and procurements of ICT projects, formulate ICT policies based on the ICT Strategic Plan.
JPICT is formed to be fully report on the matters pertaining to the management and coordination of ICT to UMP’s University Management Committee. This committee also acts as the connector and rapporteur to JPICT and JTICT for the Ministry of Higher Education and MAMPU for all applications and procurements that are ICT related.
1. ICT TECHNICAL COMMITTEE (JTICT) – functions in discussing all ICT strategic management matters in line with UMP’s Strategic Plan
2. UMPCERT COMMITTEE- functions in controlling any incidents and is the first level support to GCERT in handling ICT security incidents
3. ISMS IMPLEMENTING COMMITTEE – functions in executing ISMS certification in UMP and ensures the planning, development and implementation of UMP’s ICT infrastructure adheres to the standards of ISMS certification
4. UMP PORTAL/WEBSITE COMMITTEE – functions in the governance of the university’s website/ portal including the Centre of Responsibility portal
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR ICT STEERING COMMITTEE
1. To set, formulate and approve UMP’s ICT regulations and policies
2. To set, plan and determine the direction and strategies for UMP’s ICT implementation
3. To plan, identify and suggest sources such as expertise, workforce and financial matters needed to implement the direction as well of strategies of UMP’s ICT initiatives
4. To set and plan the implementation of UMP’s ICT programs and projects in line with UMP’s ICT Strategic Plan
5. To plan and set ICT security measures and ICT Security Policy in UMP
6. To assess and approve ICT projects based on real requirements through prudent spending and complying to all regulations in effect
7. To report the development of projects, activities, programs and ICT implementation to the University Management Committee as necessary
MEMBER OF THE ICT STEERING COMMITTEE
Chairman : Vice Chancellor
Members : Registrar, Treasurer, JPPH Work Director, PTMK Director, Deans/ Directors/ ICT Experts (3 members), members nominated by CIO (2 members), ICT Security Officer
Secretariat : Centre of Information Technology and Communication
Meeting frequency: Twice annually